DataCPR is a proudly Canadian company based in Hamilton, Ontario. Started in 2003, DataCPR develops custom software, database applications and web sites. Although we have considerable experience working with large companies, we are very passionate about working with small-to medium sized organizations. This enables us to offer big business solutions without the big business prices.
Randy Bassett is the proud owner of DataCPR. Born and raised in Hamilton, Randy went to McMaster University, completing 2 undergraduate degrees and an MBA. He also spent 4 years working towards a PhD in Business Information Systems, but left before completion to get married and start a family.
Prior to starting DataCPR in 2003, Randy has held many positions including:
- Senior IT managment with a government agency
- Senior Product Management for a world -class software development company
- Financial and Managment Accounting
- Systems auditing
He has written a number of white papers in the area of Businees Information Management and was a contributing author to an Electronic Commerce book published by IBM.
Randy is the proud father of a of 2 children, one with complex medical and developmental challenges. Inspired by the need to seek the best for their daughter, Randy and his wife have become award-winning advocates, speakers and authors for the needs of children with special needs. Reflecting his personal and family philosophy that “Everyone Belongs”, Randy is proud that DataCPR specializes in making websites and electronic communication systems accessible to people with disabilities.
Former and Present Community Organizations:
- Opening Hearts – a non-profit organization supporting children with special needs and their families
- Rotary Club
- Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Hamilton Family Network
- Guest lecturer at McMaster School of Nursing eHealth classes
- Member of McMaster University’s CanChild Advisory Board
- Member of Mohawk College’s Accessibility Committee