- Manufacturing production schedules and run lists were being prepared manually by one person with deep understanding of the production processes.
- The manufacturing knowledge was tied up with one person, creating a potentially dangerous knowledge dependency.
- The manual process took a minimum of 8 hours each week.
- Create a custom database application
- This application used a very simple user interface but created very specific production schedules and run sheets.
- The run sheets were distributed to plant managers to communicate production requirements.
- Production planning time reduced to 30 minutes (from 8 hours)
- Better utilization of production resources
- Decrease in production waste due to improved communication