- Client had ACCPAC installed and sales reps needed to know the status of their orders. They also needed to know what inventory was available and where.
- This information needed to be available readily so sales reps could respond quickly to their clients’ inquiries.
- For information security reasons, the sales reps were not to have direct access to ACCPAC interfaces.
- The sales reps needed to know the most recent cost of any item, which could be stored in a number of locations within the ACCPAC database.
- Sales reps needed to be limited to viewing their own orders.
- Sales managers needed access to their team’s information.
- Create a tool called “ACCPAC Extensions”.
- This tool extended the usability of ACCPAC and the secure access to its data.
- Using web-based interface, a sales order lookup tool was produced which helped sales reps review summaries of all their orders and enabled them to drill down to get detailed information.
- A web-based inventory inquiry tool was designed which helped the sales reps quickly filter through thousands of items and get real-time information on products.
- Information look-up or item inquiry in just a few seconds
- Decreased response time to customer inquiries
- Decreased calls to call support centre, manufacturing plants and warehouse facilities
- Web-based application easily distributed and maintained
- Security of ACCPAC accounting data maintained